Slot Maintenance Technician
Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of the slot machines (primary duty). Perform minor repairs to correct mechanical, electrical, and electronic failures. Assists in installs, moves, removes, and modifies all related stands, signage and machines.
- Maintain proper documentation on department repair logs, shift logs, PM logs, etc.
- Consistently use proper machine inspection procedures to proactively identify or prevent future equipment problems.
- Keep the slot machines clean and in proper working order.
- Complete machine moves and other projects as assigned.
- Respond to floor calls in a timely manner as needed.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- Maintain security of equipment records and funds.
- Verify that all our guests are playing properly, and that the slot machines are not being defrauded or damaged by the guests or employees.
- Follow policies and procedures as they relate to technical operations. Provide input on how policies and procedures may be streamlined to enhance performance or improve safety and security of equipment.
- Provide exceptional service to customers and employees when performing job duties and conduct oneself in a professional and businesslike manner to reflect The Heights’ high standard of excellence.
- Use proper interpersonal skills when dealing with customers and employees.
- Share information with other departments to facilitate their successful performance.
- Ensure compliance with Tribal, State, Federal, and NIGC regulations.
- Ensure control/protection of company assets.
- Current California Driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must qualify for Tribal Gaming License.
- Excellent math skills.
- Should have good customer relation skills.
- Ability to follow directions, written or oral.
- Indian Preference.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen test.
- Must be age 21 and older.
- Ability to maintain effective, friendly working relationships with department head and employees.
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt quickly as business levels increase or situations change.
- Must maintain a friendly, professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to represent the company and the tribe positively, enthusiastically and politely to our guests and help maintain a pleasant work atmosphere for other employees.
- Skill in solving practical problems and dealing with situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in identifying and resolving administrative problems under pressure conditions.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Working environment consists of various levels of smoke, noise, light, heat, and cold.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, reach, and bend. Must be able to stand, walk for periods of six or more hours.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in physically and mentally stressful conditions.
- Must have the manual dexterity to use a computer keyboard, micros touch screen and phone.
This job description is subject to the following conditions:
- The Heights gives hiring preference first to members of the Trinidad Rancheria and then to members of all other federally recognized tribes.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License once employed.
- All candidates are subject to pre-employment drug screening. Once employed, all employees are subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- The Heights reserves the right to make changes to the job description.
This is an alcohol and drug free workplace with mandatory testing. Indian preference. For more information, please contact Human Resources 707-825-2722.