Sunset Restaurant Line Cook
Line Cook 1, 2, and 3 will focus on presenting, cooking, and plating approved dining cuisine for the Sunset Restaurant. Line Cook 1, 2 and 3 will cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking and complete needed steps in the food prep area including food preparation to the standards of The Heights Sunset Restaurant. Line Cooks will also perform areas of food and final plate preparation with approved presentation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. Line Cooks will uphold the standards of guest relations with friendliness, cleanliness and professionalism in the Sunset Restaurant with internal and external guests/employees.
- Will work directly with the Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager.
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well under pressure.
- Must possess manual dexterity and ability to cut, chop, slice and other culinary mastery.
- Must garnish the plates with vegetables, starches, herbs, flowers, and other garnishes as needed.
- Assists in food handler’s and kitchen safety programs along with attending Sunset Food Safety meetings and attend and assists in kitchen meetings.
- Have full knowledge of all recipes, specials, and menus.
- Assists in inventory and receiving of kitchen goods.
- Assists in ongoing culinary training programs, including chef computer software, food handler’s safety, guest service and point of sale system.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and proper footwear.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, including floors, counters and prep areas.
- Maintain all necessary paperwork and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Must have knowledge of cooking techniques, and use of kitchen equipment to coordinate easily and effectively in the Sunset Restaurant.
- Responsible for all cold food stations for dinner service, which includes: all salads, dressings, sandwiches, and cold appetizers.
- All food preparation must follow a standardized recipe; for example, dressings, sauces, herb rolls, and marinades.
- Able to properly handle highly perishable food, for example, crab, lobster, and fresh fish.
- Able to operate all kitchen equipment and maintain cleanliness.
- Assists in any inventory counting of station as well as the various food storage areas.
- Accountable for utilizing and maintaining proper recipes and cold food instruction sheets.
- Responsible for daily rotation of cold line food and storage in cold units.
- Each Line Cook shall observe a consistently high standard in preparation, completion, and presentation of plates for service in both the restaurant and lounge facilities.
- Must comply with all station-training programs.
- Must be willing and able to rotate areas including food line, prep line, cook line etc.
- Able to convert recipes from small amounts to large amounts, or vice-versa.
- May be required as needed to wash and sanitize all dishware, flatware, pots, and pans.
- And other duties as applicable to the performance and service of The Heights Casino/Sunset Restaurant.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have good communication skills.
- At least one year of restaurant experience.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds.
- Must be flexible and willing to work a variety of shifts including late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must qualify for Tribal Gaming License.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in physically and mentally stressful conditions
- Must be able to stand on feet for up to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to bend, lift and use proper safety procedures in regards to proper bending and lifting at all times.
- Must be capable of working with the front of house and back of house in a professional and courteous manner.
This is an alcohol and drug free workplace with mandatory testing. Indian preference. For more information, please contact Human Resources 707-825-2722.